Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The post to end all posts!

Sorry that was a bit dramatic. I'm not actually stopping just slowing. On top of working full time, trying to keep our house in order, growing a  tiny garden, being stuck in traffic somewhere between 2 and 3 hours a day,  and working on projects from my drafting business, I'm also trying to squeeze in as many awesome adventures as physically possible. This translates to zero 'down/bored time', meaning the blog may get pretty scarce. And even then, I think they will be more like the original posts, all pictures and very little text. Sorry.
However, I am going to charge up my headset so if you ever want to chat between 6:45-8:30am or 5:00- 6:30 pm (Hawaii Time) Shoot me a text and I can call you :)

So quick update:
We had an awesome Labor Day Weekend! We did the Aiea Loop trail, 4.5 miles plus a little extra for off shoots. It was long but really nice! It is one of my current favorite trails. It is completely covered with strawberry guava. (it is a terrible invasive plant, but it tastes SOOOO good)  Next time, I'll bring some tupperware and fill them up.
We didn't bring the camera, but here are a few phone shots.
Me eating a snack and enjoying the view:
 An Amazing root system:
 Roots with a veiw:
 This is one of those off shoots, it was so beautiful. It just kept going too:

My tiny little Meyer Lemon tree has six little lemons on it!! I am so very excited. All my herbs are doing well and my yellow and green zucchini plants are HUGE, but still have yet to give me anything :( I need to be better about fighting off the aphids and the evil ants that farm them.

We have lured several house geckos into our home to help with the bugs! We have at least 3 residents and have noticed a huge improvement on the nasty cockroaches! Our favorite is one we have dubbed ninja gecko. She wont move if you look at her, but the instant you look away she moves a few more inches. She is extremely patient... I have never been able to catch her actually moving.

Well that is all. See you when we see you :)


2 comments:

  1. LOL! I am so glad to hear that you are not totally stopping, I would have protested. I am so happy you both have jobs! I do need to find a time to call you and hear about it. I love the pictures. I have never heard of strawberry guava but it sounds like a weed I would like. I have never had a green thumb so I am super impressed with your garden. Have you tried whispering, "Go ninja, go ninja, GO!" to ninja gecko? Or maybe that only works for turtles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You scared me! as much as we visit on the phone & skype weekly your online journaling is so super important to us. Even Papa was gravely concerned when he read your post title out loud to me last evening! (I told him 'don't panic..read on!') You write so descriptively and so personally. Hope you find some time to keep up the writing as well as the awesome photos. Guess I'm gonna have to take up the slack for you & give YOU more things to read about back home.. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete