Sunday, January 13, 2013

Eli!!!

This Year's Christmas surprise was:
ELI!!!
Eli got to come visit us for over a week! Things were slowing down for me at work so I got to take a few days vacation to show him around the Island. We had adventures almost every day but I still didn't get a chance to show him everything. For a such a small area this little island sure has a lot to see and do.

Eli brought his Go-Pro so that's how we got the awesome wide angle shots!

We went to check out Valley of the Temples:


This is one of my favorite pics from the whole trip :)



Our friend Clint got to spend a lot of time with us as well since his wife and baby were out of town. Which was good timing because Clint knows how to surf... and Santa just happened to bring me a surf board this year!



Here we are out by Diamond Head scouting our location.




We picked a terrible place to get in and ended up fighting current and wind for the entire time...

I spent almost an entire hour of straight paddling and yet staying in the same spot! Clint described it as possibly the worst surf day of his entire life! BUT I did catch one wave while laying on my board and it was TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! Also Eli and Clint went out again later that week and Eli was able to get halfway up and ride a decent wave!

Of course our favorite spots to visit were up on North Shore:




Here we are on my favorite beach with one of the friendly surf dogs. :)
Notice the amazing puka shell collar!

Santa brought Richard and AWESOME underwater camera

 

So he got these shots while he and Eli were snorkeling in Sharks Cove:






There was some hiking:



 Ben, Richard and I only joined them for the first bit (Ben and Richard only each got 1 day off that week Ben having worked 54 hours and Richard 63 hours decided they would rather go tide pooling instead) So Eli and Clint went on to hike the entire Olomana 3 Peaks Trail!




Mean while Richard found this eel:

and this grumpy stone fish:

They sit still for so much of their lives that they grow algae:

Too soon though it was time for him to go home... But like everyone else who's come to visit, I'm sure he'll be back. You just can't stay gone for long!



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HURRAY! Abby's posting again! Terrific pictures & travelogue. I had a comment for every one that came along. I'll have to come back later & leave you my reactions.. in the meantime -> Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are stone fish are poisonous? Be careful. Wow. these pictures are so beautiful. I bet it is even better in person. You had much more fun than I did shoveling snow at home and at work. It is still in the single digits every night I go to work and come home. You are so lucky you are missing this freezing weather. It is colder than I ever remember.

    ReplyDelete