Monday, January 14, 2013

S'more North Shore!

Solar Armageddon is finally over which means:
Ben, and Richard are finally back to having normal weekends!
We had a nice time hanging out on our favorite beach.
I mentioned the 'surf dog' in my post about Eli. There are a few dogs who either live at the beach bungalows or come to the beach with their surfing owners. They hang out and wait for surfers to come out of the water at which point they dance around in delight and greet them like it's the happiest moment of their life. Then after the surfer goes back out they go find a shady spot to go chill out or sniff at crabs or feathers on the beach. When they aren't greeting freshly returned surfers they are some of the calmest dogs I have ever met. This one decided that we had picked a good spot and spent most of the day hanging out with us. 


And we also were accompanied by this lovely sea turtle.


She must have been very tired because apart from posing for this picture, she spent the rest of the time fast asleep!

We also went to check out Laie Point State Wayside:


I have heard that this channel is so deep that whales have been known to swim through it! We still have yet to see marine mammals but when we do I sure hope we have the camera!

Richard made these panoramas when we got home I was quite impressed!:


(you can click on them to blow them up)

Not a bad way to spend a Saturday if you ask me :)

2 comments:

  1. So, after reading about the way-cool surf dogs, and knowing the wild schedule the guys have been working, then seeing the photos of them at the beach.. the calm of it all is very palpable. Ya. Ben coming back here to live & work in the near future? Nahhh. He looks quite content in your photo! Nice photos, as usual & nice work on the panorama's, Richard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad life is calmer. Your blog is so fasinating. It is an adventure every week. I feel like I am living it with you.

      Delete