Saturday, June 11, 2011

All Hail Beetle!

First there was the bug. The original amazing! The peoples car!
Ever since I was a tiny little girl and saw the cute little profile with its tires rotting in my neighbor's field I just knew I was going to buy that someday!


Got a little older and they devloped the New Beetle:


Loved it. Bought the hot-wheels version and the book. But something wasn't quite right.
Too feminine maybe? Not to mention some mechanical issues. As I got older I came to the realization that this was not the bug for me. I've looked into getting an old classic one, but I really enjoy the modern features like air bags, a/c, cruise control. I started thinking about trying a mini cooper, or maybe a fiat 500. However I never was able to get that emotional connection that came from that old rusted profile.

2011 Super bowl commercial teasing us with the 21st century beetle:
I awaited the release of some pictures, Would it live up to the VW legacy? Would it feel like a real bug? Here it is and I gotta say: I think they really out did themselves this time.
The bug rolls again!

Here is a little clip of how they made the commercial:
( yes they said that right, imported 3 tons of nature from NorCal )

No comments:

Post a Comment