Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thank you Internet!

This week I've had several conversations about how AWESOME the internet is! How when I was little no one really knew what it was and now - none of us can live without it. Its becoming more and more uncommon to not carry the internet in your pocket! And while I could talk for hours on the pro's and con's of this phenomena (for example I can't spell that word without google chrome's auto spell check) I'd have to say I'm happy the internet is a part of my life and this week has been one of those weeks where though the Internet has not particularly made me a better citizen, or a more intelligent human, or enlightened me in any way, it sure has entertained me!

Today I was stopped on I-15 in a traffic jam for 30 mins! Lucky for me the radio started playing "Dog Days are Over" and this video I had watched earlier in the week instantly popped into my head http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnBau6fL8S8. (watch it so the rest of the post makes sense) So instead of being frustrated with the hold up I just started dancing like this little boy! I'm sure everyone in the other cars had thought I had lost my mind but for a moment everything was happy! Thank you Internet!

I'm not a laugh out loud kind of person. I smile really big and occasionally I'll chuckle a little. Recently I became reacquainted with the blog Hyperbole and a Half. I was reading "The Party" (here's the link http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/09/party.html) By the 8th illustration I was already uncontrollably laughing. It was so fun to laugh that hard again. I honestly cant remember the last time I cracked up like that! So ya... thanks Internet!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, thank goodness for google or half of everything I write would be misspelled. When I clicked on the first link I literally spent about 10 minutes watching other clips of babies before making it back. I love Hyperbole and a Half. I want Allie to be my friend. Yes, thank you internet for your hours of pleasure.

    ReplyDelete