Monday, July 4, 2011

Pyro Princess!


Utah legalized aerial fireworks! (For any of my non-pyro readers these are the kind that shoot up into the air before they explode in their colorful ball of happy fireyness!) As a California girl who used to have to smuggle sparklers and ground boomers in from Oregon my cerebral cortex practically fused from the exhilaration of being able to purchase these. Richard and I find the largest of the tents and rush it. I stumble in eyes as big as saucers.

"Hi guys! can we help you find something"
I suddenly turn into Beaker: "memo me me me me mo" Super high pitched and going way too fast. I do manage to audibly get out the words "Kaboom!" and "Super High!"
The sales lady gets a gleam in her eye, "I know just what you need... Its behind the counter."
She hefts a huge green box to the counter top, "Its called the Pyro Princess! We were out testing these last night and we're talking 75' in the air multiple color fire blasts. Its got the highest ratings in height, color and sound"

Sadly that one was out of the budget but we did leave with 3 aerials and a few of the regular festivities.

Saturday night was my niece Kysa's Birthday Party. And since Richard was going to be working on the actual 4th we decided to do the fireworks there. Richard and Jeremy were lighting off the little ground bloomers and cracklers. I come outside to hear the sound of my nephew chanting "More fire! more fire!" During this time all of the neighbors started rounding up their kids to watch. Everyone was thrilled with the small ones. Then it got dark enough to light off the big stuff:


They made quite a show, it was extra fun with all the little kidos ooing aweing and shreaking in delight. I am proud to say I have only 1 small burn in my arm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment