Tuesday, August 21, 2012

College: Is it worth it?

So I have several YouTube Channels that I subscribe to. One of these is the Vlog Brothers.
Today's video was by John and it was titled Is College Worth It?


It seemed particularly fitting that today's video should be on this subject, because today:

I AM OFFICIALLY HIRED!!!!

That's right! I am now an employee at Solar Wave. I'll start training Monday to be a PV designer. 
Translated: 
I will design solar panel systems!!! 
(There is a lot more to it than just that. If you want all the details shoot me a text and I'll call you)
I am absolutely in love with the job and company! 

In the video John talks both about the financial worth of college and the intangible worth of college. And in his case the expense was worth it. I am happy to say I can be in that same boat.
Not only will I be gainfully employed, but I will be doing something I am passionate about, in possibly one of the coolest places on earth. So for me, YES college was 100% worth it.


Side note:
Ronnow Drafting and Design is still a thing! I am still going to be running that on the side to make extra money and because it is fun :)

Side Side note:
Listen to the angler fish song- it makes me laugh:

5 comments:

  1. College is "Criminally overpriced"! Colleges for profit. This guy's got it nailed on one of the basic problems of college today. You kids have it rough in this era. Hope it becomes a thing of the past for YOUR children!

    AND! we are just so so so happy, thrilled, elated, relieved that this has come along for you. CONGRATS!! (and extremely proud of your desire & success on getting through today's college system) Solar Wave is fortunate to be smart enough to hire you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s... the angler fish song was waaay to fast & furious for Papa & I to follow :0 :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwaha-ha-ha-ha! And HUZZAH!! I cannot express how happy I am for you guys! I am so glad that you will be able to use your schooling to do something you are interested in. Hooray for solar panels! And I loved both videos, the angler fish one slightly more, especially the procreation part; I had no idea how happy I am that I am not an angler fish until just now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, enjoyed the angler fish song! You already know of my happiness for the job success... And repeating it won't be as amusing this time around. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your job. The fact that you are passionate will make it more like play than work. I liked the funny song. It was easier to follow reading the words because it is fast.

    ReplyDelete