Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Loathe doing the dishes AND I Loved them first :)

So now that I am graduated and we are moved in to the new place, Richard has started working nights again, and I am still job hunting, I find I have these big pockets of something entirely new to me.. a strange concept referred to as "free time". I have most recently been filling this new found void with the universal sports channel that we have at the new place, watching none other than rugby! I have NO CLUE whats going on but its very exciting! But alas, even rugby is not enough to fill these blocks of time. So (drum-roll please!) I am going to keep our blog posted regularly!

This being my first 'real text' post I am going to make it a double whammy!
Firstly I LOATHE DISHES!

This adorable place we moved into (pics of the place hopefully in the following post) has a bigger kitchen then our old place! I LOVE IT! so cutely designed and brand spanking newer appliances. BUT one important appliance is missing - a dishwasher.
Now before I go any further I must explain how truly spoiled I am. For about 4-5 years now I have NEVER washed a sink load of dishes. I just have had a dishwasher every place I've lived PLUS Richard always washes any other dishes, pots and pans etc., for me because he says thats his job since I do the cooking.
Now that he is working full time and I'm not I said, "No honey, I will cook dinner and wash the dishes too!" BIG MISTAKE!!! This is what happened when I made a yummy Lemon Garlic Chicken over Couscous dinner with a side steamed broccoli and brownies with ice cream for dessert! Its hard to tell from the picture but there are dishes piled that high all the way to the back of the counter. THATS JUST ONE MEAL! I have officially taken my husband for granted. My hands are all shriveled and pruney, my t shirt is soaked, and I almost broke 3 glasses! Wow I love you honey!

Now on to,

I loved them first!
A long time ago when the Killers first started to get played on the radio where I lived I really liked their song Somebody Told Me. All my friends didn't like it but it was ok because I always felt that it was the things that made me different that made me cool. Well the Killers got big and Hot Fuss was everyone's favorite album. Then one of my friends who had originally teased me about enjoying the Somebody Told Me song said "Hey have your heard of the Killers? They are really cool. I just bought their CD,".... This lead to a new emotion for me I don't have a name for it but in my head it feels like "NO You Cant Love Them! I Loved Them First!" Mixed with "Thats so cool you love them, now we can love them together!"
I have to admit I had totally forgotten about this little part of my past until just recently between the Royal Wedding and the Kentucky Derby, suddenly facinators are popular again. Richard got me one 2 years ago and I just LOVE it I wear it whenever I can. But now everybody loves them and is getting them and at first I feel "HOORAY! everyone can be cool with me!" But in the back of my head I can hear a young teenage me shouting:
"NO! you can't love it! I loved it first!"

1 comment:

  1. thats too funny Abby! I hate dishes too, but I hate putting them away more than washing. But, I'm sure you remember that because I always washed and you dried and put away! We liked the Killers when they were still underground!

    ReplyDelete