Monday, May 30, 2011

FLOOD!!!

When I very first moved away from California and learned that people in other parts of the country actually use their basements as living spaces I snootily vowed that I would never live in a basement. However, in a love fueled trance Richard's and my very first place ended up being a basement. The apt complex where we lived back then had terrible management who couldn't figure out how to adjust the sprinkler system and our carpets got really wet and we even found mushrooms growing behind the furniture!
EWEWEWEW We moved away as soon as we could and I renewed my vow to NEVER EVER LIVE IN A BASEMENT AGAIN! Well 2011 rolls around and we find the cutest little place that just happens to be a basement. "Its OK" I naively tell myself "this time it will be ok, lightning never strikes the sames spot twice right?..."
WRONG!!! Bountiful Utah gets the biggest rainfall in 35 years and yes you guessed it... Our place flooded!!! It was just the living room but still.. Luckily however this time around we have AWESOME landlords they came in helped us move all of the furniture from the living room up to their house were they'll keep it safe until things dry up down here. They even bought us dinner so we didn't have to cook! They had to cut open a few of the walls and tear out a bunch of carpet so our home is a bit of a construction site right now. They were able to find were the water was getting in from and they are getting it fixed so hopefully it won't ever happen again.
But, believe me when I tell you this:
Basements you and I are through!

No comments:

Post a Comment