Monday, October 3, 2011

Crafty

We have a home video of my dad making split rails from cedar logs. As usual all three of us are milling around being the peanut gallery and commenting on what we are observing. My mom polls us on what we think of this new found talent of our Papa. Ben and I make various positive comments. Eli however, sees this as a great moment to get right up in the camera, bug his eyes out a bit, and declare in a loud voice "I think he's Crafty!" So that is the theme of this post.

As I mentioned in earlier posts we have been working on Steam Punk gear. We have been selling some of our practice projects on Etsy and we had our 1 of the items sell in less than 20mins! So we will be doing more of that for sure!
Here are the two that we sold:


We also had the chance to be with a "MeetUp" group. They are a bunch of photographers who pick a theme and invite people to come pose for them. We had my costume mostly ready (I borrowed a shirt from a nice theater girl who brought a bunch of costume stuff to the event!) So here are some awesome pictures from that:


Richard made the goggles and customized the Nerf gun. I made the fascinatior and the brooch.

One of my good friends from the daycare is having a baby girl. We both love the Eric Carle book The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I found this and am going to try to re-create it.


Also, I've been crocheting baby hats for all my pregnant or new mom friends... I'm still getting the size down right but they are soo cute. So hopefully pictures of those soon

3 comments:

  1. number 1: I am sitting here at the computer laughing right out loud reading your Eli-o description.. what a hoot!

    number 2: ..I think you guys are 'Crafty', too! lol!! Way cool. Awesome photography on all those pics.. and that last professional one of you--oh my! gorgeous! But I think I like you best as a Rapunzel =)

    number 3: You're crocheting again?!? I am totally delighted to hear it! Remember that beautiful silky soft deep deep red yarn you made the hat and scarf out of when you were about 16 or 17? Be sure you post some pics of what you're doing now (baby hats) & hopefully the lil 'Hungry Caterpillar' snuggly! Have you found a pattern?

    number 4: awww, cool, and won't your Papa just be SO thrilled to finally see a brand new 'Abby and Richard' posting?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. re:#1, I wish I knew how to add sound or video clips to enhance it even more :)
    re:#2, I like Rapunzel best too, but she will have to wait til next Halloween. Something is funky with our sewing machine so I'm stuck to non sewing crafts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget sometimes just how crafty you and Richard are and then I see something like this and think "WOW!!" And then I remember. Those pictures are awesome and, Rick, those steam punk paraphernalia are awesome!! The creativity at your house must be like radioactivity zapping through solid objects, transmuting everything in its path! (btw, I read this weeks ago when you posted it, but for some reason couldn't comment on it until now)

    ReplyDelete