Sunday, October 9, 2011

X96

So last month on a Tuesday at 6am in the morning you would have found me sitting on a sidewalk in front of a run down record store with about 100 other people. We were waiting in line for this year's $10 tickets. Almost every year the Alt Rock radio station here in Utah (called X96), throws a HUGE concert with tons of different bands, both signed and local, and they sell their first group tickets for only 10 bucks! The prices keep going up until day of the show when they are 30 dollars (still not a bad deal). The line up this year was Panic at the Disco, Anberlin, Switchfoot, Neon Trees, She Wants Revenge, Brogan Kelby, Sleeper Agent, Grouplove, and King Niko. There are two outdoor stages and the show starts at 11:30am and goes until after 8pm.

Yesterday was the show!!!! Wahoo! The bands I was most excited to see were Panic, Anberlin, and Neon Trees. Richard was super excited to see She Wants Revenge, he's loved them even longer than he's loved me :) The pictures I took with my phone make us look way further away then we actually were.

Most of the bands we wanted to see were at the lower stage and we found this great big cement planter rather close to the stage. We could sit up there and be a whole head above everyone else. Plus no getting shoved around by and excited crowd! My favorite find of the show was a band called Sleeper Agent. I had only heard one of their songs before but it turns out they were one of the best bands there! I got them to sign my jacket! Their Bass Player thought I was a cutie :D So ya I probably could have dated a rock star if I hadn't already found my perfect man. Speaking of my perfect man, Richard got to meet the lead singer and lead guitarist from She Wants Revenge. They signed my jacket too :)
Here he is with them:


Here is some video from Neon Tree's:


They put on a great show, they even played some new stuff that hasn't hit radio or CD yet. Their drummer, Elaine Bradley, is one of the coolest female rockers of all time. I hung around after the show and she came out to meet us!!! She is super nice too!



The crowd was so huge for Panic that we couldn't even see the stage :( But they were mostly playing music from their new CD and honestly its not anywhere as good as their old stuff. This is as close to them as I got! haha


They were the last show so we skipped out early, No traffic jam for us!!!
Oh and here is a fun crowd picture:



Where's Waldo? (look hard he's in there)

Here are the web sites of the bands I talked about:

3 comments:

  1. I forget how much fun big outdoor shows are until I see something like this. I am glad you guys had a good time! Abby, you look adorable in those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your opening line I thought you were gonna be writing about participating in an Occupy Wall Street protest rally -but oh well- at least you were there for another good reason.. setting up a band date!

    TERRIFIC seats you guys scored up on the planter! Aren't live shows just the coolest? I liked the addition of your live video AND I even liked the music =) Great shot (& caption) of you by the Panic equipment, lol.

    So how fun was that?! Was it just a random lucky shot or had you spotted Waldo before taking the crowd picture?

    ReplyDelete