Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gecko Baby

Remember the gecko eggs in our screen?
This is flipped sideways, Blue: Full Eggs, Red: Old Hatched Shells, Yellow: Pregnant Mama Gecko

Well on Sunday they hatched!


 
and here is the tiny little baby just after hatching! Sadly we didn't get to watch it hatch but we are happy we found it before it got smashed!
Isn't he so cute! I want to shrink so I can give it a little kiss! Welcome to the world little baby!

Look at those precious little feet! We loved the coloring on him.

The other egg must have hatched later that night because the next morning there was only part of the shell left.
I'm glad humans get to hang out with their babies for a few years before they grow up and go away. I would not make a very good gecko mama. 

3 comments:

  1. Aww! He is so tiny! It is so amazing that for as small as his body is, he still has a big head and feet, almost like a cartoon. I remember watching stuff like this in Oklahoma, there is something amazing about watching an egg and then finally seeing the baby when it is out, so cool. Abby, I am glad you are not a gecko mama too. I would have to really worry about my brother's sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray, the internet & phone lines are working again so Papa & I can see your new postings! Worth the wait, too. That is so awesome you can highlight the critical parts on your pictures that I can't find without guidance, thanks! That newborn is beautiful. Very cool pattern and yes, I agree, oh so neato keeno feet!

    ReplyDelete