Monday, May 14, 2012

Our 100th Post

I get excited about numbers and I'm super happy to have reached 100 blog posts! 
It been almost 3 years and you guys have visited 4,411 times!
Your comments (all 146 of them) make me so happy and motivate me to keep posting, so thanks guys!

I'll start this post off with some very awesome news:
I HAVE A JOB! (kinda)
I'm officially licensed with the State of Hawaii as the sole proprietor of Ronnow Drafting and Design! I just got my first gig drafting and design consulting for a condo remodel in this cool building in Waikiki:

I'm SOOOO excited to be doing architecture stuff again!!! And equally excited to be bringing in some money! 

I can hardly believe it's been 3 months since we moved here! Usually after 3 months of summer weather, fall starts to kick in and I feel all bummed out because that means winter is coming. BUT here it is:
 3 months of summer weather down and 9 more to go!
We are both starting to look very nice and tan, and Richard finally adjusted to the temperature here. Saturday night it dropped down to 69 degrees. I was bundled up in a blanket but, I had to laugh out loud when I heard Richard say, "brrrr Wow it is chilly! I'm so cold I'm going to have to put a shirt on!"

This weekend was another fun adventure. We got our Hawaii Driver's Licences last week. You can use them to get free or discounted entry to all kinds of cool things here.
To celebrate we went to Hanauma Bay for FREE!

We got our favorite spot under the rock ledge. I'm getting much better at snorkeling. I can stay out for a long time and I don't need a floaty anymore! We are starting to be able to name a few of the fish. This time we saw a Spanish Dancer Sea Slug:  

The parrot fish here come in so many color schemes - my favorite is this rainbow look:

A small female sea turtle let us follow her around. 


And we got to see our first sea mammal in Hawaii:




She is a Hawaiian Monk Seal. 
The volunteer said she was around 500 pounds! She had a radio tag for a while and they tracked her swimming as far as Kauai! They feed at night and then come bask on the shore during they day. Not a bad life :) 

We spent Sunday at Lagoon 3. 
Richard did some more snorkeling, He found a perfect sea urchin skeleton, and spent some time with a sea turtle that actually came in the lagoon! It seems like a strange location for them since there really isn't any sea weed on the rocks. I spent most of the time floating around keeping him company, or relaxing under a palm tree watching the boats: 




Well that about wraps up my 100th post! 
Thanks for reading. 
And be sure to check back, Who knows where we'll be 100 posts from here :)



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th post! That's a big landmark. I look forward to your next 100 and hope that I can follow your blogging example and write more often. At this rate, you'll catch up to me next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100! Wow, I am really far behind. That's okay. I love the Spanish Dancer Sea Slug thing. It is amazing that even gross things in Hawaii look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to live there! Also, congrats on your job! That is super exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Usually after 3 months of summer weather, fall starts to kick in and I feel all bummed out because that means winter is coming. BUT here it is:
    3 months of summer weather down and 9 more to go!"

    YOU, my girl, are your Mother's child. I couldn't have put my feelings for 'not enough summer' more succinctly myself. When I came to your last sentence (in the quote above) I could absolutely, positutely feel your glee!!!

    ReplyDelete