Sunday, January 8, 2012

BEST WEEKEND EVER!!!!


About 8 months ago I signed up for one of those "Get local stuff 50% off or more in your inbox" email things. Its called Living Social Daily Deals. It has been so much fun, and has given Richard and I a lot of new experiences for a price we feel happy paying. Recently I used it to get us 2 tickets to the home show. We almost didn't go because there was a HUGE snow storm the night before.

Ya we had to shovel... starting to not love our giant driveway so much.

However the snowplows actually do there job here in Bountiful so the roads were clear and we decided we'd go. It was SOOOO much fun. Sometimes while I'm stuck down here in my little basement I forget how much I love architecture. This totally renewed my desire to be an Architect. I can hardly wait to get back to my education!



I got to talk with some of the SolaTube sales reps and installers. These products are one of my favorite innovations and it was awesome to talk to the people who sell and work with them. They can run these things over 30 feet! If you haven't heard of them GO to their website and check them out. They have totally improved their defuse features to make them MUCH more aesthetically pleasing.
This one is my new favorite

Also if you remember the post about the AWESOME SteamPunk goggles Richard makes you may have noticed that they have real glass lenses.


We have been having a glass shop custom cut those for us... and well they haven't been cheap. Plus it can take over a week to get them. NOT ANYMORE! We found this amazing little tool called 'The Amazing Tile and Glass Cutter' The sales rep cut us one of the circles in under 1 min! We got it and 'The Amazing Tungsen Rod Saw" for only 30 bucks with a lifetime warranty on the glass cutter! Hooray!

BUT SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST...
There were several home designers there. One of which had a great video playing of their fly throughs, still shots, and other AMAZING renderings of their designs. It looked like it had been modeled in Revit (the same software I used for my tiny homes project) but the rendering was WAY better than anything Revit can usually generate. I started talking to one of the guys at the booth about what softwares they were using. One thing led to another and next thing I know I'm talking to the owner of the company about interviewing for a Free Lance Drafting Job!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!! I would work from home and get paid by the job. I was sooo excited I almost Spontaneously Combusted! The company is Walker Home Design. My job would be taking hand draftings and making 3D models of them in Revit. (I totally rock at this, and have been doing it forever!) Plus since I work from home and would just use a file sharing provider via the internet... This job could move with me to Hawaii!


I'll know more after we set up an interview and will keep you all posted.
This might be
THE BEST YEAR OF ALL TIME!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! look at all your snow! AMAZING. We are still sunny & dry. No snow since you & Richard were here in October :o

    That cute lil girl's pic at the end of your entry looks JUST like how you sounded on the phone yesterday when you called to tell me about the potential job :D Here's hopin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so excited for you Abby. That's great news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo! *happy dance* I am so excited for you! Keep us posted. Who would have thought Living Social Deals would land you a job?

    ReplyDelete