Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Aiea Loop Trail


Aiea Loop Trail is currently my favorite trial on the island.
it is a bit of a trek, but it is well kept and extremely rewarding!

Here is an overhead view of it:

And this nifty tool shows the elevation changes:

But even with the length and steepness it always draws you further and further out. I always find myself saying, 'OK we'll just go around this next bend, then we'll head back'. But once we reach there I want to see whats around the next bend, and the next. And soon you've come out the other side.


My favorite time to go is when it is calling for scattered showers. Or when the misty rains are out. 




Here is a view of Pearl Harbor from one of the high points. 

and near the base of those far off mountains is where we live:

We didn't go the entire way this time (had to get out before rush hour started). But next time we are going to look for the WWII plane crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment